Moving an entire office to a new location is a stressful and challenging transition to make. There are plenty of mistakes that occur and the following are 10 Packing mistakes to avoid during your office move.
1. Not having a plan is a mistake. Moving people, furniture and office equipment is no easy task so its necessary to have a good plan of action for packing.
2. Failing to identify and have enough supplies to pack up the materials can prolong the packing process.
3. Not having enough manpower to pack the office could cause the process to take far longer than necessary.
4. In addition to #3, it is necessary to identify who will pack and who will complete other jobs.
5. When packing the office its easy to take everything but this is a mistake as this is an excellent opportunity to purge the office of outdated supplies.
6. Office equipment is pricey and it could be a mistake to not have experienced staff to disconnect, pack and transport the important items to their new home.
7. Another mistake that can occur would be to fail to identify the future placement of the packed material for the new office. Taking time to develop a plan to determine this can save time in the future.
8. Budgeting or failing to budget for all the costs associated with packing the office is a barrier to the office move.
9. Not having a solid back up plan for poor weather or poor traffic could make a move far more difficult than expected.
10. Finally, the office needs to continue to run in most cases and a location to complete work in needs to remain in the old location as well as be set up in the new office to decrease disruption of the workday.
Utilizing an agency to manage the logistics of a move is an effective solution to decrease potential challenges so contact us to make your transition seamless.